What I do know is that I have a lot to say - usually about nothing, sometimes about something, but always, always a lot to say. So here we go, delving into the world of Blog. I suppose I do have some preconceived notions for what this blog will be, but I really want to let it unfold and see if you can figure it out. Subtlety isn't really my forte, so it shouldn't be too hard, but I'll let you try just for my pleasure.
----
I won't throw you into my personal life without a life vest. That would hardly be fair; I've only just met you. I can tell you that it isn't typical, and in that respect is about as typical as any life out there. I have a 3 year old who was born deaf in one ear and lost the other ear by a year old. God, was he a fussy baby... I remember asking his dad if we could send him back (on more than one occasion!) during the first 5 months. "This baby is malfunctioning; he's fundamentally flawed and we need a replacement FAST!" I would say. But that didn't happen. Damn uterus has a no returns policy. Must look into that.
So now I have a high needs, deaf 1yr old and to top it off, his father and I can't seem to make a real go of it. Turns out that after 8 years of being off and on, the off was a better choice than the on. C'est la vie. Like I said, I'll take it slow on the personal life.
I'm not sure how many people out there have been broke, single and had a 'disabled' child. I have, but maybe nobody really has an interest in what this combination of circumstances brings with it. For those who do, boy do I have a story for you. For those who don't, there's a nice blog about stamp collecting under "hobbies."
But thats enough for now. Next time, we'll talk about infant screenings and heartbreaking news. I promise not to be a downer. My real hope is to help someone else maneuver the "system" and deal with the guaranteed grief every parent of a disabled child deals with for even the briefest of times following diagnosis.
See, I told you subtlety isn't my style.
All the best ~ mom2jace
No comments:
Post a Comment