Monday, October 25, 2010

Abandon Ship!

I've hit the middle of the semester, where all of the group projects, term papers and weekly assignments build up into one big mess.  C'est la vie.  I am always amazed when I see fellow classmates who are working full time. Children are a full time job, don't get me wrong. I have very little time while my son is awake to post on the discussion board, let alone work on a paper or project. However, I feel like working full time and trying to go to school full time, while probably bringing your work home with you and being totally exhausted by the end of the day, would be so much harder!  Call me crazy, but social engagement can be mentally exhausting! I prefer days when Jace and I are alone, sprinkled with a couple of outings a week to keep us from getting cabin fever.

On a brighter note: Jace is 3 years old!!! His party was fantastic, a few neighbor friends, family, pizza and a Mickey Mouse cake. So much fun! There is nothing better than spending time with family and friends. The kids were a riot, and Jace got all of the presents we had asked for. I'm so grateful to have such a loved and blessed child.

We moved Jace to a big boy bed, which has actually been rather uneventful. This was my biggest transitional fear, and he hasn't gotten out of his bed once. I don't know how I got so lucky. I give all the credit to us keeping him in a crib until the last possible second. I feel like he totally understands that the bed equals "time to sleep" and even if he has a hard time falling asleep, just like in his crib, he just tosses and turns in his bed.  I'm a lucky Momma!


Anywho, I can't stay on here because I do have at least 2 projects that are due by the end of the week and, sadly, are still in the very preliminary stages. Read: I've formulated thoughts about them. Sigh.


Until next time =)
mom2jace

No comments:

Post a Comment