Sunday, October 10, 2010

Old Man Winter

I'm exaggerating, of course, because it topped out at 50*F today, which is hardly what one would call "winter."  However, I have donned my woolen socks and sweats, thrown the flannel sheets on the beds and even made a pot of 3 bean chili for dinner tonight.

I think I've been ready for winter since early September, and I'm not even sure why because I hate being cold! My toes and fingers have horrible circulation, I have to bundle Jace to go anywhere, then un-bundle the two of us before he can do water/slush damage to the interior of the house.  I like the first snowfall, and pray for the first blizzard, but when it comes time to shovel I like to find a cozy place deep inside the house to hide from the mountains of snow piling up on the walkway.

But winter is a wonderful time of year. It means more time cozied up with my son, more family get-togethers, and, of course, presents. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment